Its been a long while since I last posted here. According to my last post its actually been just over 6 years. And much has happened since then. And unfurtunately I can't remember it all. Which kind of brings me back to why im back here in the first place.
Every so often I find myself wanting to look back on past me and this is the place where a portion of that accumulated past is resting. And as a new year is upon me I once again find myself here. But this time I choose to continue adding instead of just looking back.
With that said its time to do a recap of what was missed from the last few years (that I can remember).
The biggest to happen is that I finally got married. Kari and I got married on Sept 17th which was our unanniversary. I think I will talk about it more on a seperate post becuase there is so much to talk about there.
Another thing that happened was that I went to Japan with Kari. It actually ended up being our honeymoon trip since things feel through on our originally idea of Hawaii. But once again that is a post for another time.
Those were some of the bigger things that happened but there was more but I don't want this to fall into a long post about just past things. I would like to look toward the future.
I didn't make any resolutions in the last few years but I this year I think I will. Although to be honest its mostly stuff already found on my bucket list. But I guess this year I will try to focus on doing a few a bit more harder. So here we go in no particular order.
- Work on my Japanese - As I said earlier I resently went to Japan and while we were there I purchased quite a few Japanese games. Actually I probabaly would have purchased more because a lot looked really interesting. The main problem with buying even more was that my Japanese has fallen behind quite a bit. To the point it feels like I'm starting over. But I want to get back on that horse and start up again. For me that means getting back onto Wanikani and really working to get through the levels. I think this is were my focus should be for now. I hope to get pretty far along and maybe even finish the thing (but probably not)
- Getting in shape - This is pretty shape which means getting more exercise and better diet. This is mainly for 2 reasons. 1) Is my health which I already have to worry about my heart and the weight is not helping. 2) I just want to look better. I guess those are the same reasons everyone does it but those are mine too.
- Cooking more often - Now that I have a kitchen and cookware I really have no good reason not too. Although my first thought is always fast food I need to change that way of thinking and work on cooking more. And not just that but cooking things that will help with my health as well.
- Post more often - As i said before I like to go back and look at old post to see where I have been and what I have done. And these past years I have not done that. Facebook has helped a little bit cause I have posted some things but I want to keep up with it more and I'm hoping to do that here.
- Start my video game review show - In the past few years I have been really into collecting retro video games. And while I mean to play them all I want to also do a show where I talk about the games I play. I've wanted to do it for awhile but never actually put it all together and hopefully I can do that this year.
- Build my Boardgame Table - I want to build a boardgame table so I have a place to invite people to come over and play games with. I gues along with that idea I want to start a boardgame night. Maybe a monthly thing or something. Just have some people over to play some games.
- Throw some parties at our place - Now when I say party I don't mean for no reason. What I have in mind in parties for holidays. And maybe less like a party and more of a get together for family and friends. Maybe something for Thanksgiving and Xmas. Or maybe memoral day or 4th of July. We have the space so I think it could be fun. Although we would need to clean up before we do anything like that.